Thai Green Chicken Curry
• 1 tbsp oil
• 2 tsp. Green curry paste
• 1 can of unsweetened Coconut milk
• 1 tbsp brown sugar
• 2 tsp Fish sauce
• 1 lb boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 pieces
• 1 large red bell pepper cut into strips
• Kaffir lime leaves, chopped
• 2 tbsp lime juice
• 1/4 cup Thai basil leaves,chopped
Heat oil in wok skillet, stir in green curry paste, about 2 minutes.
Stir in coconut milk, brown sugar and fish sauce and bring to a gentle boil on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes.
Add chicken pieces and red bell pepper strips, cover skillet and let simmer on medium low heat for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
Lower heat and stir in Thai basil leaves, Kaffir lime leaves and lime juice, and let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
Serve in bowls poured over jasmine rice or rice of your choice o rice.
How to make a fish curry
700gms / 11/2 lb white fish fillet
2 medium Onions
4 cloves garlic (paste)
1 tbsp ginger (paste)
4 tbsp tomato puree
2/3rd cup water
Salt To Taste
1/2 cup ghee
1tsp white cumin seeds
1tsp turmeric powder
1tsp garam masala powder
How to make
- Cut the fish into medium-sized pieces.
- Heat the ghee in a frying pan and fry the fish pieces gently for 5 minutes. Drain the fish on absorbent kitchen paper and set aside.
- Chop one onion finely and grind the other one.
- Add the chopped onion to the ghee in the pan and fry until golden.
- Add all spices and cook stirring for 10 seconds.
- Now add the grinded onion, garlic, ginger and tomato puree. Fry the mixture until the ghee starts to separate.
- Add the water and salt. Bring the mixture to the boil. Add fried fish pieces. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Sri lankan Vegetable curry
- 3 Medium Green Chiles -- finely chopped
- Carrots, bottle gourd,beans,beetroot sliced
- 1 Medium Onion -- finely chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 Stick Cinnamon
- 3 Cloves Garlic -- finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger -- finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Lemongrass
- Salt -- to taste
- 3 Cups Coconut Milk
- 2 Cups Water
Directions In soup pot, combine chilies, onion, turmeric, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, 1 cup coconut milk, water, and salt. Simmer 10 minutes. Add vegetables and cook until tender. Add remaining coconut milk. Simmer 5 minutes Serve over rice.
1/2 cups Dhal washed and drained
• 6 cups Water
• 1 tbs Vegetable oil
• 1 cup Chopped onion
• 2 tsp Chili powder
• 2 Turmeric powder
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tsp curry powder
• 1 tsp cumin seeds
salt to taste
• pepper to taste
In large saucepan, combine Dhal and water.
Then mixed with turmeric and chili powder.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer,
partially covered, 10 to 15 minutes, or until
dhal are tender, occasionally skimming off
foam and stirring to prevent sticking.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
Add onion, garlic, curry powder and cumin seeds;
cook until onion is tender. stir in tomatoes, Season with salt and pepper.
When lentils are tender , stir into onion
mixture; cook, covered, about 5 minutes,
Chichen curry with potatoes
• 2 tablespoons oil
• 2 large onions, diced
• 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
• 2 large tomatoes, diced
• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• 1 teaspoon garam masala
• 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-size pieces
• 2 large red-skinned potatoes, chopped
• 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the onions in the hot oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the ginger-garlic paste and continue cooking another 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; stir the tomatoes into the mixture and cook until the tomatoes are pulpy, 5 to 10 minutes. Season with the cayenne pepper, curry powder, garam masala, turmeric, and cumin; cook and stir another 5 minutes.
2. Add the chicken and potatoes to the mixture in the skillet; simmer, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle the cilantro over the mixture and continue simmering another 10 minutes. Serve hot.
Thai style coliflower curry
• 2 tab vegetable oil
• 1/4 cup Thai red curry powder
• 1 large white onion, finely diced
• 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
• 1 head cauliflower, chopped
• 4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
• 1 can coconut milk
• 1 bunch lemongrass, cleaned and chopped
• juice of 2 limes
Make a paste with the Thai Red Curry seasoning and water.
Heat a large pot with 2 teaspoons oil. Add the onion and bell peppers. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, for a couple minutes.
Add the curry paste and blend. Slowly add the coconut milk, whisking to blend. Add the cauliflower and potatoes. Add the lemongrass and lime juice.
Bring to simmer, and cook for 30-40 minutes until the potatoes are done.
Spicy Tuna Curry
300 g tuna fish
1 cup grated coconut
1 tsp garlic chopped
1 tsp ginger chopped
4 green chily chopped
1 onion chopped
1 tsp coriander powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp tamarind paste
1 sprig curry leaves
½ cup water
salt to taste
- Make a coarse paste with coconut and the rest of the ingredients, except tamarind paste, water and curry leaves. Add very little water while grinding if required. Remove the paste into a pan. Add the water, tamarind paste and curry leaves. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- . Add tuna to the gravy in the pan. Cover and cook for about 6 minutes or till the tuna is cooked and coated with the gravy.
Spicy Mutton curry.
1tsp garam masala
2 cinnamon stick
6 black peppercorns
2 brown cardamoms
1tsp black cumin seeds
4 green cardamoms
1 onion (chopped)
4tbsp tomato puree
1 cup curd
1tbp coriander seeds roasted
1tbp ginger (crushed)
1tsp red chili powder
1/12tsp turmeric powder
• Melt the ghee in a saucepan and cut the meat into 1-inch cubes.
• Fry the bay leaf, meat and spices gently for 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
• For a vegetable mixture, melt the ghee and fry the onions and cardamom until golden. Mix in the tomato puree.
• Grind all the paste ingredients together until a smooth paste. Mix the paste into vegetables and cook, stirring continuously, for 5 minutes.
• Add the water. Cover and simmer for 21/2 hours, or until the meat is tender.
• Serve sprinkled with garam masala powder.
Lady's finger fried and curry
3 cup ladyfinger ( Okra )
2 cup thick curd
1/2 cup grated coconut
3 dry red chilies
2 springs curry leaves
2 tsp oil
2 green chili
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp turmeric
• Cut the lady finger in small round pieces.
• Deep fry ladyfinger in oil till crisp.
• Pound grated coconut; green chilies and mustard into a thick paste and keep it aside.
• Take oil in pan and over high flame season mustard, red chilli, curry powder,tumari powder curry leaves.
• Lower the flame, add curd and the ground ingredients and let it simmer for few minutes stirring continuously..
• Add fried lady finger and salt to it and remove from flame after it boils.
- 200 g seafood, in chunks (whole shrimp or oysters are perfect)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup ice cold sparkling water
- 1/8 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 3/4 cup rice flour or all-purpose flour
- Peanut or canola oil for frying
Tempura is about preparation and speed, heat and light and air. Remember this and you will succeed and make beautiful, crispy, light and healthy fried seafood -- yes, I said "healthy." Done properly, the oil in the deep-fryer stays in the deep fryer, and you get only a smidge on your food.
Homemade Mango Chutney
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 6 cups mangoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp mustard seeds, whole
- 1/4 tap red chili pepper flakes
1 Combine sugar and vinegar in a 6 quart pot; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
2 Add remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, until syrupy and slightly thickened, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Stir occasionally during cooking.
3 Pour into clean, hot jars leaving 1/2-inch headspace; close jars. Process in water bath 15 minutes
- 250g large shelled prawns,
- 250 g course diced fish,
- 250g good sized fresh scallops
- 50ml oil
- 30ml fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 peeled, flattened and chopped fresh garlic cloves
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Wooden skewers
Skewer the prawns and fish and place meaty skewers in a large flat bowl.
Whisk the oil, lemon juice, garlic and other seasonings.
Marinate the kebabs in this mixture for 5 hours.
Grill the kebabs over hot barbecue coals of on the pan
Turn kebabs and baste with sauce constantly until brown and crispy. Not too long! 5-7 minutes should do the trick.
Serve on hot white basmati rice with a tart green salad
Baked chicken wings
12 chicken wings
3/4 tsp caraway seeds
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 tsp ground cumin
3/4 tsp ground coriander
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp brandy
2 tsp lemon or lime juice
- Defat the chicken wings by cooking them in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a large mortar and pestle, grind together the bay leaf bits, caraway seeds, pepper, coriander, cumin, garlic, mustard, paprika, and salt for about 10 minutes.
- Add the brandy and lemon or lime juice to the pulverized herbs and stir into a thick paste. With a pastry brush, cover both sides of each wing with the herb paste.
- Arrange the chicken wings on a baking sheet. Bake until the skin turns deep brown and is quite crisp approximately 15 minutes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups mashed overripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
200 g cooked shredded chicken, cold
50 g chopped celery
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
30 g mayonnaise
2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
30 g Spring onion
30 g Chopped tomatoes
1 tsp Chili flakes
1. Mix chicken, celery, lemon juice, salt, chilly and pepper.
2. Add mayonnaise, mix well.
3. Fold in chopped eggs, blending throughout.
4. Serve on rolls, in a hollowed out tomato, or on a bed of crisp lettuce leaves
- 400 g Beef cubes
- 50 g Chopped onion
- 50 g Chopped tomato
- 1 tbs Roasted Curry powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 25 g Chopped garlic
- 1tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- 1 cup Water
1. Heat the oil. Add the garlic and onion sauté for few minutes.
2. Add the beef and stir for few minute..